2018-2019 Public Policy Platform
- Guaranteed access to services and information about the full spectrum of employment options, day activities, residential choices and other community support services consistent with the basic principle of informed choice included in the ADA and the Olmstead Decision.
- Provider rates based on service definitions, living wages for direct service professionals, regional market-based costs, and refreshed annually utilizing the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) 75% percentile data and other relevant independent data every year to ensure statewide access to quality supports for individuals with disabilities.
- Coordinated and consistent guidance across regulatory, funding and licensing bodies that enhances effective and efficient service delivery to Virginians with disabilities.
- Enhanced state procurement policies and opportunities that increase equal opportunity and employment of Virginians with disabilities.
- Promotion of its member organizations as valued economic development partners in the Governor's "Leading Virginia Forward" and as major employers of Virginians with and without disabilities including Veterans with disabilities.
Legislative Agenda 2019 (Final)
Click here for the 2019 Legislative Agenda
For more information contact Karen Tefelski, Executive Director, email@example.com or 703/200-7660
Prior Year Agendas