2017-2018 Public Policy Platform
- Guaranteed access to services and information about the full spectrum of employment options, day activities and residential choices consistent with the basic principle of informed choice included in the ADA and the Olmstead Decision.
- Provider rates based on service definitions, living wages for direct service professionals, regional market-based costs, and reviewed a minimum of every year to ensure statewide access to quality supports for individuals with disabilities.
- Enhanced state policies and procurement opportunities that increase equal opportunity and employment of Virginians with disabilities.
- Coordinated and consistent guidance across regulatory, funding and licensing bodies that enhances effective and efficient service delivery to Virginians with disabilities.
- Promotion of its member organizations as valued economic development partners in "Building a New Virginia Economy" and as major employer of Virginians with and without disabilities including Veterans with disabilities.
Legislative Agenda 2018 (Final)
Click here for the 2018 Legislative Agenda
STRENGTHEN community-based services to meet the existing and future critical needs of all Virginians with disabilities.
SUPPORT provider rates based on service definitions, living wages for direct services professionals, and regional market-based costs that are adjusted annually to ensure statewide access to quality supports and community capacity for individuals with disabilities in accordance with the U.S. Dept. of Justice Settlement Agreement.
Jobs and Employment Supports for All Virginians
- SUPPORT funding tor Long Term Employment Support Services (LTESS) and Extended Employment Supports (EES) that provide critical employment assistance and maintains jobs for Virginians with disabilties (LTESS/EES)
- SUPPORT informed choice for Virginian's with disabilities with where they want to work and for whom they want to work by codifying original legislative intent for the LTESS and EES programs in the Virginia Code.
- RESTORE and SUPPORT adequate funding for community-based Group Supported Employment.
- SUPPORT state policies and procurement opportunities that increase equal opportunity and employment for Virginians with disabilities.
- Fully implement SB1530 (Chapter 371) and HB2425 (Chapter 358) to increase employment of Virginians with disabilties within state government and through its state contracts by 5% within five years (2023).
- ENSURE that a full continuum and array of employment options are available to all individuals with disabilities consistent with the basic principle of informed choice included in the ADA and the Olmstead decision.
- SUPPORT funding for the Priority1 urgent waiting list by 2020 to address the DD Waiver waiting list crisis. Individuals in Priority 1 have been assessed as needing services immediately.
- PROMOTE policy and influence action to reduce over-regulation and unfunded mandates that create unnecessary operational burden on community-based providers of services and that do not add value to the individual with disability served.
SUPPORT funding to increase statewide availability of services for individuals with disabilities including individuals with psychiatric disorders and individuals with brain injury including veterans and wounded warriors.
For more information contact Karen Tefelski, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or 703/200-7660